IN THIS EPISODE:
- [0:51] Douglas describes his background and his current role as Solutions Architect
- [2:18] The importance of security in the healthcare industry
- [4:26] Douglas explains Sectra One Cloud and why Sectra chose to partner with Microsoft
- [9:55] Douglas talks about Sectra’s security framework and the multi-layered approach to delivering a secure cloud service
- [16:52] Sectra’s approach to the Shared Responsibility Model
- [19:07] Douglas emphasizes the importance of communication and transparency when working with customers
- [20:54] Douglas provides advice to healthcare organizations transitioning to enterprise imaging as a service in the cloud
- Due to the sensitivity of patient data, the healthcare industry is a popular target for cybercriminals and cyberattacks. If data is compromised, the consequences can be severe. It is critical to have a secure enterprise imaging service to ensure the safety and security of data.
- Simply having secure software and cloud technology is insufficient to ensure a service’s security. To achieve true security, a solid security framework, complete with appropriate policies and procedures, is also required.
- Effective communication and transparency between the healthcare organization and the imaging vendor are critical to avoiding mistakes and ensuring a smooth transition to SaaS in the cloud.