IN THIS EPISODE:
- [01:08] Stacie explains her role at the University of Rochester, the scope of the medical center, and why the old technology they were using needed to be replaced
- [06:28] Stacie describes the process of selecting a new enterprise imaging vendor and the “go-live” date
- [10:09] Stacie talks about the importance of redundancy and security when transitioning to the cloud
- [12:49] Selection of Sectra’s enterprise imaging solution and compliance with the governance process
- [17:47] Stacie explains the approach to making the on-premises-to-cloud transition as smooth as possible for the IT staff and end users
- [20:47] Stacie offers advice to other healthcare organizations looking to move their imaging to the cloud
- It is easier to convert the users of an old system to new technology when they can see how that technology will positively impact their daily work.
- When moving imaging to the cloud, it is critical to partner with a vendor you can trust, as well as one that is innovative and constantly evolving their offering.
- Cloud is new to many healthcare organizations. Look for a vendor who has expertise and years of experience delivering software as a service.